Sunday 27 December 2015

The Man in the High Castle

Hello everyone!
Today I will continue writing about new TV series and, as always, I will tell you if it's worth watching ;)
Have you heard about the new Amazon serie, "The Man in the High Castle"?
If not, you're lucky to get to know it with me ;)
According to a polish website about movies, which is called "Filmweb", "The Man in the High Castle" is a science-fiction thriller, created by Frank Spotnitz. The serie shows us the alternative vision of the world's history: United States of America are ruled by nazis who won the World War II. The serie is based on a novel written by Philip K. Dick. I have to say that to me the main idea seems pretty interesting and I couldn't wait to watch it. However, after the premiere of the first season I was quite dissapointed. Although I still think that the idea is really good I can't help feeling that the director and the crew also believed that with this brilliant idea, they don't have to do nothing more. In my opinion, the plot isn't captivating and the viewer is unable to relate to characters, who seem cold and unreal.
I don't think I'd watch the second season, but still, I think that if you wanna give it a try, you shouldn't hesitate after one bad review ;).






No comments:

Post a Comment