Tuesday 3 November 2015

Pineapple muffins

A week ago we had to change our clocks and the evenings started to begin at 5 o'clock. For me, it was the first official day of autumn when you don't feel like doing anything and staying in bed seems to be the best solution to all your problems. After a few days of feeling really depressed I decided to get in a train and go home. As always, it turned out to be better solution that staying in bed. My mom always knew how to cheer me up and she didn't dissappoint me this time. In my case, the best way to happiness is a good food made by someone who cares enough about me to spend a whole day in the kitchen. She prepared my favourite meal for dinner (pasta with broccoli and cheese sauce) and then, for dessert, she baked some pineapple muffins. The smell was wonderful and I couldn't wait to eat them. They were really soft and they seemed to melt in your mouth and, surprisingly, the recipe isn't difficult at all!



Ingredients:

  • 300 grams of flour
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 150 grams of sugar
  • 100 grams of white chocolate
  • 250 ml of pineapple juice (from the can)
  • milk
  • 90 ml of vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
  2. Measure and mix the dry ingredients.
  3. Measure and beat the liquid ingredients.
  4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix only as much as is necessary.
  5. Spoon into the muffin cases.
  6. Bake for ca. 20 minutes.

So if you're sad or depressed because of the weather or because of any other reason, make yourself a muffin and everything will be okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment